COVID-19 Appointment Protocols
The Ministry of Health & Long Term Care rescinded their Directive restricting allied health professionals physiotherapists and massage therapists from providing in-person assessment or treatment for non-essential health care needs, as long as all necessary precautions and protocols are in place to protect patients and therapy providers.
Safety remains the top priority for our staff and patients. In order to proceed with appointments as safely as possible - we will be following these procedures for your Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy and Fascial Stretch Therapy visits:
Booking a Physiotherapy or Massage Therapy appointment:
1. Call, email or use our online booking program to set up an appointment.
You will be called and provisionally screened for COVID19 exposure risk.
If screening results indicate a potential risk of exposure to COVID19 you may be asked to either 1) defer your session to a later date or 2) be reviewed by a medical professional to ascertain your risk/provide testing. 3) Consider a Telehealth Virtual Care appointment
Upon Your Arrival at the Clinic
1. Please do not arrive early to your appointment.
2. We ask that you wear a suitable face mask to your appointment. This mask will be worn for the duration of your appointment - you should only remove once you have left the clinic.
3. Wash your hands with the hand sanitizer provided at the front door.
4. Wait at the front entrance for your therapist to greet you.
5. Your therapist will then bring you to the treatment room to start your session.
Your cooperation with this process is greatly appreciated. The health, safety and overall well being of our clients and staff at Movement Union are paramount to us and we hope to transition to this new normal as seamlessly as possible.